Thursday, October 27, 2011

Valentine Card

I was cleaning out a cabinet yesterday and found a card that I knew was from Kenny. I know I have lots of cards from him around as he was always so good to give them to me. He even gave me cards at Easter...and Christmas. Sweet.

I hesitated. Did I want to open this card....read it? Kenny always picked mushy cards and wrote his own sentiment which were equally as mushy. I took the card, opened, and read. It was my first Valentine card from him. I met him on January 29th, so we are talking weeks...actually just days, of knowing each other. The card started out, "So Glad I Found You"....and off it went from there. And then Kenny wrote...."Dear Sweet Beautiful Karin, Thank you so much for coming into my life. I am so blessed to have found you, and I already can't imagine my life without you in it......"

Reading that card got me thinking of Kenny's love for me. This man really loved me. I think he knew how much I needed to be loved. He knew I had missed something along life's way and it was like he was trying to make up for it. And then....I think....when he knew he was going to die, he all the more wanted to pour his love into me. He wanted to fill me up.....to give me enough to outweigh the lack....to have something to live on after he was gone.

Life is certainly different than I had planned. When I met Kenny it was almost instantaneous that I felt I had found my home. I was with the one I wanted forever.....and I knew life would be good. And now that the plan has changed, I can say that life is still good. My life is still good. And I still feel loved. Kenny did that for me, and he did it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment