Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday

Today is Saturday and I am sitting at the kitchen table. It is still early enough to not worry yet about getting breakfast ready. We are having people over for pancakes so that means no jammies. It has been a busy week with people. I realize as I look at my calendar that I had lunch or breakfast out with friends three days in a row....two without Kenny...one with. This weekend will be full of people and activity and I find myself already looking forward to a slower next week.

Last night Kenny was sad for the first time really. At least showing his sadness to me in the degree that he did. We watched Dateline (which we always do) and it was about an abduction and the hope of finding this young lady alive. She was not and her family was very sad. When the show was over, Kenny leaned over to me and whispered, "I wish I didn't have to go"....and I could see such sadness in his eyes and tears. It made me sad too of course. I know this is going to get harder as the time draws nearer. I was thinking though....it is not too late for a miracle...."wouldn't that be great God"?!

I got a book called "Heaven is for Real" and started reading it out loud last night. I think it will be encouraging and inspiring for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment