Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday

I will most likely write ever day or close to it. I have always been a journal writer and this will perhaps take it's place. You see, I just got a MacBook laptop so I can now sit on my bed and type away.

Ken and I went to a local restaurants birthday party last night. We saw a lot of people we knew. A few I was able to share about Ken's condition. It really floors people when they find out. Everyone has always commented on what a cute and perfect couple we are. Ken is 6'3", tall, dark, and handsome. I love being by his side. The love we have for each other is evident to all.

I hope I can do this. Caring for him the way he is going to need it. He told me this morning that he is not sure how much longer he is going to be able to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night by himself. I never want to resent his neediness and in fact always try to imagine how he would be treating me if the tables were turned. He would care for me with joy and sweetness probably 100% of the time. That is how he is. I on the other hand am not that sweet although he always says I am. I am all too aware of my selfishness. I don't want to get up in the middle of the night to take him to the bathroom.

I must go to the One who will give me all I need, when I need it. My husband has said many times "God will not give us more than we can handle". I suppose for me, a better way to see it is, yes...He will give us more than we can handle, but He will be our strength through it. We will need to rely on Him. How faithful He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment