Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Start....

Ok...here I am. I finally did it. Not sure how still, but I am thinking I actually have a blog up and hopefully going!

I want to write about things I think, feel and wonder about. I am in a strange place in life and would like to keep track of thoughts as much as possible.

My name is Karin and I will be 55 in July. I feel so young...much younger than my years. I have two grown kids...both doing great with great spouses. I have 5 grandkids and one more on the way. I spent most of my adult life with a man that was a very poor fit for me. I finally divorced after a lot of painful things (perhaps that will come out later) and was on my very own for the first time at the age of 50.

I am a Christian. I went through a period of feeling far from the Lord. Partly because of my "failure", partly because I just didn't want to struggle.


I met a man just over three years ago. Gorgeous. When we met I think it is fair to say it was love at first sight. We have been pretty much inseparable ever since. I have never, ever felt so loved. He is amazing. Perfect for me. He adores me and lets me know in a million different ways. I adore him too and he lets me love him the way I need to love. Beautiful. We got married in September. Moved into a little love nest in beautiful Carmel Valley. What a perfect life.

He is 49 years old and he was just diagnosed with ALS. That means I won't have him long. I am not sure what else that means but I know it will be difficult. I know I need to live one day at a time. I know the Lord will give us strength to go through this. I still hope for a miracle.

I have a multitude of thoughts. But I will end here. Tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment