Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday

Today we woke up to teeny, tiny turkeys on our back deck. They were making their way to the roof where hopefully mommy turkey was. I love these little joys. Living in the country has been such a treat for me. I look at our small house....perfect for the two of us. We bought things in "twos" too. Two adirondack chairs, two lounge chairs etc. We are meant to be a pair for a long, long time. I cannot imagine life without my Kenny!

Yesterday proved to be a good day. This again proves to me the importance of living one day at a time. We drove to Oakland and had lunch with CB, then met my sis to pick up a wheelchair. UGH. The thought of it. I have a hard time imagining that we are close to that point. Yesterday I was talking with Ben and Ruth, telling them how difficult it is for Kenny to get up from the couch. Ben offered to buy Kenny one of those chairs that helps you stand. I told Kenny about that and he said it wouldn't really be worth it since those chairs are made for people who can stand...and he won't even be able to do that. That a better investment might be a hoist type thing to help move him from bed/couch to wheelchair. Tears are coming again....

My ex sent Ken a card with his condolences. Thoughtful, I thought. Ken's ex will be coming here soon to participate in a business meeting. She has wanted nothing to do with me, so it will be interesting to see if she is willing to meet me at this point. I really don't care.

Kenny and I are reading the book "He Loves Me" by Wayne Jacobson every morning. A chapter a day. Very good. Such a great reminder that even though we are going through all this stuff, our God is very near and loves us very much. I could not, would not, want to go through this time without Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment